Sunday, March 13, 2016

Room To Navigate

I don’t know about you, but when I go to pay at a store, I find it extremely frustrating when I go to pay and the lane between the cash and the line is so narrow that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible not to interfere with other paying customers. More often than not, I have had to ask able-bodied customers at the cash to move so I can get by.

When I went to Scotland, I went to Primark and I was astonished when they had a designated spot for people with mobility issues. As a result, I didn’t have to worry about bumping in to other people, or having to ask them to move when I wanted to exit the store. I also didn’t have to worry about feeling rushed to gather my things and get out of the way because other people are waiting.


Some stores in Canada do have lower counters, but there aren’t designated spots to pay. As a result, I’ve had to navigate carefully so I don’t bump in to other customers, or interrupt them by asking them to move.


No comments:

Post a Comment